The 3-mode Celluma RESTORE* is the first red light
therapy device to be FDA-cleared to treat three common
concerns of the mature individual in a single LED light
LED Red Light Therapy for Hair Loss
The 3-mode Celluma RESTORE is the first red light therapy device to be FDA-cleared to treat three common concerns of the mature individual in a single LED light therapy machine. Addressing hair regrowth, aging skin and general pain conditions, the Celluma RESTORE is versatile, convenient and easy-to-use in a clinical setting or at home. Celluma’s patented, shape-taking design permits customized placement over the head to effectively deliver light energy and promote hair regrowth. Additionally, the Celluma RESTORE can be placed anywhere on the body to reduce pain and improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Low-level light therapy is a proven, effective and safe treatment for hair loss, aging skin and a variety of pain conditions. LED red light therapy devices have been cleared by the FDA for treatment of male and female pattern hair loss. It helps to proliferate hair follicle size and prevent catagen hair development (the end of the active growth of a hair).
Hair Loss and Women
Hair loss is not a strictly male health concern. While suffering mostly in silence, women make up a significant percentage of those who suffer from hair loss. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, 40% of women have visible hair loss by the time they are age 40. Many procedures and products are marketed to men to help with hair loss, while women are relegated to thickening shampoos and collagen supplements.
Hair loss can be temporary or permanent. It can be heredity, or the result of medical conditions, or hormonal changes. It is generally considered a normal part of aging and affects both men and women alike.
Hair loss is typically related to one or more of the following factors:
- Family history (heredity). The most common cause of hair loss is a hereditary condition that occurs with aging. This condition is called androgenetic alopecia, or male-pattern and female-pattern baldness. It usually occurs gradually and in predictable patterns — a receding hairline and bald spots in men and thinning hair along the crown of the scalp in women.
- Hormonal changes and medical conditions. A variety of conditions can cause permanent or temporary hair loss, including hormonal changes due to pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, and thyroid problems. Medical conditions include alopecia areata, which is immune system related and causes patchy hair loss, scalp infections such as ringworm, and a hair-pulling disorder called trichotillomania.
- Medications and supplements. Hair loss can be a side effect of certain prescription medications, such as those used for cancer, arthritis, depression, heart problems, gout, and high blood pressure.
- Radiation therapy to the head. The hair may not grow back the same as it was before.
- A very stressful event. Many people experience a general thinning of hair several months after a physical or emotional shock. This type of hair loss is temporary.
- Hairstyles and treatments. Excessive hairstyling or hairstyles that pull your hair tight can cause a type of hair loss called traction alopecia.
Complete hair loss or baldness typically refers to excessive hair loss from the scalp. Hereditary hair loss with age is the most common cause of baldness. Some people prefer to let their hair loss run its course untreated and unhidden. Others may cover it up with hairstyles, makeup, hats or scarves. Today many sufferers are taking advantage of FDA-cleared red light devices to treat and prevent further hair loss.
Hair loss in women can have an emotional toll impacting their self-image and potentially their mental and emotional well-being. For many women, this can be a life altering condition. The Celluma RESTORE now offers both women and men a non-invasive, non-toxic solution to many forms of hair loss (reference chart). Women no longer need to suffer in silence. Call today to talk to a Clinical Specialist about how the Celluma RESTORE can help with not only hair restoration but also anti-aging and general pain conditions — all in a single device!
Is the Celluma RESTORE Right for You?
The Norwood Hamilton Scale and Ludwig-Savin Scale are used to help determine if light therapy will work for an individual. Celluma is not FDA-cleared to treat the stages of hair loss that are greyed out on both scales.
The Celluma RESTORE is FDA-cleared to treat:
- Androgenetic Alopecia and to promote hair growth in males who have Norwood-Hamilton classifications of IIa–V patterns of hair loss and to treat Androgenetic Alopecia and promote hair growth in females who have Ludwig-Savin Scale I-1 to I-4, II-1, II-2 or frontal patterns of hair loss; both with Fitzpatrick Skin Types I–IV.
- Aging skin (wrinkles)
- Muscle, joint and arthritic pain
The Celluma RESTORE measures 16” x 8” overall with a treatment area of 14” x 6”.
About Celluma RESTORE:
- Reverse Hair Loss
- Alleviate Aches and Pains
- Prevent Further Hair Loss
- Counter male and female pattern balding (androgenetic alopecia)
- Pain free
Fitzpatrick Skin Types
The Celluma RESTORE LED red light therapy system is indicated for males and females with skin types I-IV. If you suffer from androgenetic alopecia and have fitzpatrick skintype V-VI then the Celluma RESTORE LED system is NOT suitable for you.
Light therapy compliments currently existing treatments and procedures (drugs, PRP, stem cells, transplant surgery) to enhance an individual’s outcome for maximizing hair growth. Dermatologists and medical practitioners specializing in hair restoration can ensure proper diagnosis and treatment recommendations*. Light energy hair devices can be an effective stand-alone therapy or adjunctive therapy to medication and topical prescriptions for optimal hair regrowth.
Light therapy shows minimal degrees of side effects and adverse events (Hamblin 2014).
Protocol for Treating Hair Loss:
To obtain the best results use Celluma RESTORE every other day, for 16 weeks.
- Each Treatment: 30 min
- Before use ensure that your hair and scalp are clean
- Before use ensure that your hair and scalp are completely dry
- Separate the hair before illumination to expose the parts of the scalp suffering from hair loss
The Celluma RESTORE is shown here wrapped from the forehead and back over the thinning hair. The Celluma PRO is positioned in the usual C-Shape for facial treatments. The Celluma RESTORE and the Celluma PRO are two different devices and are sold separately.
*Individuals should first consult with their doctors when making any change to their existing medical and drug routines.
*The Celluma RESTORE is not available outside the USA.